HP3000-L Archives

April 1997, Week 1

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:22:45 EST
Jeff Kell writes:

>For network-based connections, yes.  If you're running Netware/ix,
>add IPX.  If you have DTC connections, you may have a problem; that
>requires bridging.

Hmmmm.

We're going to be running NetBase/SharePlex to shadow data over the
frame relay to the remote computer.  Is that a "network-based
connection"?  What about Reflection-using PC's?

We don't have Netware/iX, so no IPX.  But, the remote location does
have a Novell network.  Maybe I should look into Netware/iX?

But, we do have DTC's.  What's required to access the remote system
from a local DTC?  We are planning on getting OpenView System Manager
and DTC Manager.  My intent is to be able to switch the local DTC's
to the remote system (access over the frame relay) and use the remote
system as a backup to the local system.  Is this feasible?

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231