HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:16:00 -0800
Hello !ll!

I would like to extend my thanks to many, many HP3000 experts who
responded to my question about a LaserJet 5M, which was used to
replace a very old Laser Jet. The original LaserJet was configured
as term type 22. Per your suggestions, I have replaced it with term type 18,
and the LaserJet 5M prints now.

Unfortunately, the escape codes used on the old LaserJet are interpreted
differently by the new LaserJet 5M. The output on the pre-printed forms
are off by about 3 inches. We should find the program source
and modify the escape codes. (But that's another chapter by itself. :-)  )

My special thanks go to:

Alan Chambers
Ross Scroggs
Jeff Kell
Marshall Medoff
Kern Chisolm
Gilles SchipperF
Scott A. Burdman
Don Cotton
Ted Johnson

While I tried to acknowledge all those who helped, there is a little possibility
that I missed some. If that was the case, please accept my apologies.