HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:56:16 -0600
hp (24 lines)
Curt Brimacumb wrote:
> Hi all,
>[snip]
> The manual mentions being able to telnet into it to set the IP address
using the
>  default IP address.  Does anyone know what that default IP address
is?  I don't
>  want to mess around with BOOTP or other things that I have not used.
Telnet I
> know.

I believe the more recent versions of the Jetadmin software allow you to
set the tcp/ip address directly. You can download the software from HP's
ftp site, but it should also come with the jetdirect box. Off hand, I
don't recall just how to navigate to the right spot to do it and I do
seem to recall that it wasn't obvious - try searching in help if you
can't find it.

BTW, bootp is real easy, once you get used to it, although it is a
typical "yet-another-flag-file-unix-type-thing (yaffutt)."

Richard Gambrell