HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
FHarasleben <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
FHarasleben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:07:55 -0800
Eric Messelt wrote:

>  > Any volunteers?  I'll be delighted to feature HP3000 success stories on
> the back cover of Interact magazine as my way of putting my money
> where my mouth is.

Long years ago I was employed with HP. After leaving HP I worked for a
big international "deep blue" oil company. I was used that system
upgrades on an HP3000 was just a matter of hours and no big deal at all,
and as HP was my first employee I expected this to be the same
everywhere else.

The oil company had a IBM 4381 and started to talk about an upgrade from
DOS/VSE to VSE/SP (or something like that). When I left the company about
1 year ago they were still talking about the upgrade, and when I met some
old workmates another year later they were still talking. And if they
havenīt died, they .....

This is one of the aspects, why everyone of my three girls at home is so
in love with the HP3000. Itīs this very computer allowing me to spend so
much time with them, instead of looking after "whatīs going wrong again".

Gabriele, Barbara and Julia

and of course,

Friedrich