HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:34:19 GMT
Hi,  I'm new to the group and so far, enjoy the postings.  I've been
around 3000's
since 1982 and the love affair continues......I hope someone can help me.
   Problem,   Send messages to f-keys while a user is in 'setmsg off' mode
     it can be done, EASYTIME does it.   I wrangled some spl code from HP
     off the record,   I dont have spl, am trying to get the calls to work
in either
     basic or cobol, so far not alot of sucess, BUT! still working on it
when time           allows.   Well enough said...  Heres the call snippet
 formsg(
inbuffer,-1,0,-1,0,0,0,0,0,outbuffer,outbuffer_len,outlen,dest_ldev,contro
l)

In BASIC, i get a program error #17 :STT UNCALLABLE,  i'v tried PM and
some other things as well..no change, one more item, the obvious answer to
the problem is using WARN, but it strips out control characters and other
necessary evils.
 Thanks in advance to anyone giving this a try.
Jim Sanders, MTX Corp