HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
SA MacLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SA MacLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:14:09 -0400
Don't know if this answers your question - we have a PC tool called Monarch (Datawatch Corp, MA). After you have transferred a spoolfile (or disc file that looks like a report), you can extract what you need and create different PC type files (i.e. .WK1, .DBF). The nice thing about it - you create a 'model' which can be reused for other reports of the same makeup, and you can create a 'project' which can be assigned to a desktop icon thereby automating your report conversion, even starting the target application.

It's strictly a PC tool. Datawatch claims Monarch can "Transform any report into live data on your PC!"  So far, I'd agree.

Shirley Maclaughlin, Crossley Carpet Mills, Nova Scotia