HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
Tim Busche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Busche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 08:44:23 -0500
We just bought a new US Robotics MP/8 V.34 modem bank.  We've been trying
to get it to work with our HP 3000 by connecting it through DB25 ports on a
DTC48.  The problems we are encountering are:

1.  The modem will answer on the first call, but subsequent calls are
ring-no-answer.

2.  Once we get a CONNECT message, we get no response from the HP or DTC,
and after several seconds, we're disconnected.

Steps we have taken include enabling/disabling hardware flow control,
enabling/disabling DTR, configuring for ENQ/ACK (&I3 or &I4), and changed
DSR settings (&S0, &S1) to name a few. We still cannot get the modems to
answer and provide connectivity to our clients. What did we miss?

We've contacted the HPRC, but they haven't helped much.

BTW, the data ports on the modem bank are RJ45.  Our hardware vendor
contacted HP for the cable pin-outs and had the cables made for us.  Could
it just be the cable pin-outs are wrong?  If so, does anyone have the
pin-outs for RJ45 (modem side) to DB25 male (DTC side)?

Thanks!
Tim