HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 3

From:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:41:42 GMT
I have units from BEST Power company, and until recently was very
satisfied.
However, a very serious problem has reared its ugly head that I am in the
middle of working through with BEST Power at this time. So, today I must
withhold my recommendation pending resolution of this problem.
The units that I have are big enough to run the whole DataCenter,
including our PBX's and other servers.   7kva Ferrups.
I do  not have any data connection between the HP and the UPS, but the
runtime
is 45 minutes at my loadfactor, and the UPS software will page me if
something goes wrong.  I also have a external Generator that will run the
UPS indefinately
with regular fuelups and such..
Email me if you want any more details on my environment, or problems noted
above.

Jim Sanders
My views are my own and I own my views only!