HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 2

Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 07:27:20 GMT
To All,

Does anybody know how to configure and/or code server programs for the
INetD superserver that is now available in MPE 5.5?

I tried to code a server process using the example in the MPE UNIX
manual for INetD and I get the following error message when INetD
tries to start the service:

Received call for firstest tcp
execv /testtcp/pub/firstest:  Error: Invalid argument

My INetD configuration file looks like this:
firstest stream tcp nowait MGR.TESTTCP/testtcp/pub/firstest
/testtcp/pub/firstest
The above configuration line is all on one line.

I don't know what the error message is trying to tell me.  I have been
trying to get help from HP for about 2 weeks and they seem to be in
the dark.  (I am trying to be nice to them concerning the description
of their service!!!!)

I would appreciate any working sample server program or directions to
the proper manual.  I have the MPE laseRom.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Ric
Ric
California Computer Consultants, Inc