HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 2

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:34:07 -0800
Hi All :)
    Ok, I posted a similar note as Denys and forgot to add that we have on our
network that "passive monitoring may be performed and the results of such turned
over to the proper authorities

    Ok, I found and have included the text of our network "dial-in" welcome
messge.  This was developed in conjunction with the University's staff and legal
department.

     They pointed out that it is not the best but will "help" should we have to
pursue legal actions with anyone.

>   This computer facility is for the use of staff of the Oregon Health
>  Sciences Foundation only.  Entry into this system by any individuals not
> specifically authorized shall be viewed as Trespass.

>   All system activity on this computer system is subject to monitoring by
>   System Management Personnel.
>
>   Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is
>   advised that if such monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal
>   activity, system management personnel may provide the evidence of
 >   such  monitoring to law enforcement officials.
>
>                        You have Logged In Successfully
>                          Via the remote Dial-In System

Art  "Paranoid, Cause it is in the Job Description" Bahrs

>>> "Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]> 03/13/97 10:15am >>>
Go one step further and put in that access to the system is restricted to
authorized users or some such verbiage.  In other words, tell people to
keep off if they are not supposed to be on the machine.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .
[log in to unmask]     http://www.hicomp.com/hicomp
(800) 323-8863    (281) 288-7438    Fax: (281) 355-6879