HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]) directly.

You may want to subscribe to the UNIFACE discussion list.
Simply send a message without subject to [...]51_5Mar199716:32:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:15:59 -0500
Having just implemented this --- Neil's answers were correct.

Each JetDirect device connected to a Laserjet must have an IP address
(subnet mask and gateway, if needed), and on the 3000 side, must be
associated with an LDEV.

In IOCONFIG or SYSGEN, Add the device:

   AD <ldev> PATH=NONE; ID=HPTCPJD; CLASS=<classname>

NETLP is also added as a class by default.

The NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS file as shown below in Neil's post is generally
correct.  This would be good if all Laserjet's were the same.  You can
define each printer with different parameters as well, especially if they
are different types (each has differing capabilities).

Once these two things are in place, do a STARTSPOOL and it's off and
running.  Any changes require changes to the configuration, then a
STOPSPOOL and a STARTSPOOL.

(Hey, once you get it down --- it's a snap! :-)

Best,
Joe
Joe Geiser
CSI Business Solutions
140 Bristol-Oxford Valley Road, Suite 102
Langhorne, PA 19047-3083
Toll Free (US/Canada): (888) 956-9812
[log in to unmask] (at work)
[log in to unmask] (at play)