HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 1

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:43:00 -0400
C6660218.txt (25 lines)
Mike said....
> Does anyone know what is the farthest a LDEV can be from a DTC and still
be
> functioning properly?
>
> The LDEVs are printers and the DTC is a DTC16!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Well the spec for RS-232 is 50 feet, but I have run devices over 300 feet.
 The farther you go, the more you need to slow the speed down to keep from
getting errors.

If it's really far, you can buy some short haul dohickey (I can't think of
the right phrase right now) from Black box that can run the deivce a mile
or so.

HTH

/alan