HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 1

Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:15:38 -0500
We have been running FTP.ARPA.SYS in a jobstream for several months with
no problems to download files from a vendor.  The job has stopped
working.  It hangs on the dir command.  The other night it sat for seven
hours before it timed out on the command.  However, we can still do our
work from a session with no problems.

The vendor says that they changed their PC based FTP server to server to
support non-passive mode and we now have to run our FTP on our end to
use passive mode.  This has something to do with a firewall, they say.

I cannot find anything in the ARPA manual CD-ROM about passive mode.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Leonard Berkowitz
RIA Group (Warren, Gorham & Lamont)