HP3000-L Archives

March 1997, Week 1

From:
Rich Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:08:22 -0800
Jon,

The way I have always done IBM tapes is on the file equate for the tape
drive is to set my record length equal to the block size and on the
FCOPY copy command use the DBLOCK function set to the true record size.
Using this method I have never had any problems with loosing a data.

Of course it has been a couple of years and an older system version, so
I may be all wet at this point.

Hope this helps.

Rich Holloway
BCBSO/HMO OREGON