HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 4

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:05:36 -0500
Hi folks!
Here are the issues (in short format) which will be discussed and
prioritized at IPROF next week. Many are old familiar faces, but there are
some new ones. Two requests:

1)  If you have a really clear understanding of any of these issues, and can
come up with a clear compelling and brief(!) description for the benefits,
please e-mail it to me, so we can refine the case for some of these issues.

2)  If you have any other issues which you'd like to get in front of the SIG
or addressed at any of the round-tables (see Ken Sletten's posting), please
e-mail them to [log in to unmask]

As with my earlier post, I'm trying to find a site to which I can post the
spread-sheet documents, for easy download. (Last time I sent attached docs
to the list I got burned!)

SIG ID  Description
97M01   Provide a STREAM intrinsic
97M02   Change spoolfile sequence to "last change time"
97M03   NEWUSER & NEWACCT should be issued once when used against Private Volumes
97M04   Improve on-line help; add a help engine using a supported http server
97M05   Ability to rename a group
97M06   Ability to do a STARTSESS for an IP Address
97M07   A means to programmatically capture TELL text
97M08   Disc mirroring on system volume set
97M09   >4GB file limits
97M10   Background/Foreground CI processing
97M11   CI-level Pipes
97M12   Enhance the MPE :ALLOW command to apply to users logged on or not.
(Less inclusive than ALLOW @.@)
97M13   Allow system-wide user defined variables on MPE/XL systems to enhance
CI-progamming
97M14   Add new parm  to :SPOOLF to adjust copies remaining
97M15   STORE/RESTORE using a remote tape drive.
97M16   Have MPE/iX SHOWOUT show % complete, just like MPE V/E
97M17   Need a DISALLOW command to disable MPE commands.
97M18   Ability to rename a file across volume sets
97M19   MPE/iX on workstation hardware
97M20   Ability To kill a PIN and not whole session/job
97M21   Improved interoperability between MPE and Posix
97M22   Provide a ;HIPRI parameter for :ALTJOB to enable immediate launch of a
waiting job.
97M23   Allow filesets as part of COPY
97M24   Provide record level locking in KSAM
97M25   Generate COBOL copylib modules from within FORMSPEC
97M26   Provide an HP supported way of storing  and restoring input spoolfiles.
97M27   Allow site-configurable report distribution banners on spoolfiles
97M28   make  REDO callable from other HP subsystems.
97M29   Bundle Run-time DCE/3000
97M30   Indicate BREAKJOB, RESUMEJOB on $STDLIST of affected job
97M31   CI functions & intrinsics to manage devices
97M32   Provide a single HPVAR with all date/time information you could
substring from
97M33   I'd like a means of displaying the exact contents of a variable via
echo, but without any *evaluation* of its contents
97M34   Provide access to modem signals on serial ports
97M35   DBINFO, VGETINFO to return actual filename of open database/file