HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 4

From:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:54:09 EST
Patrick:

We use EDI for a couple of our larger customers.  The way we do it is to
use a PC for the data comm to our VAN and then upload the data to the
HP3K where a custom program interfaces the data to our system.

Everytime we get a new EDI trading partner we shell out $150.00 for a
new EDI overlay from our EDI software company.  This is because, while
EDI is standardized, each company can customize their EDI data interchange
layout.  Or maybe it's because our EDI software supplier likes milking
its customers.  Regardless, we end up paying.

If you want details, I'd be glad to email you privately.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231