HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:23:01 +0200
Borrow Glance now, and spend time looking at disk access currently.
If it's heavy now, it will be heavier on less spindles, BUT the new
disks are probably a lot faster than the old, also the newer CPU will
help.
Spend money on memory, you cant have too much, and it really counts.
If you've spent time moving datasets around to make full use of your 6
spindles, remember that you'll only have two, thus having less scope for
this.

Good luck

Neil (2c) Harvey