HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 3

From:
Larry Crouch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Crouch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:25:05 -0500
Hello all,

I have recently acquired a 922LX system with 64 Mb memory for personal use.
We originally paid 20 or 30 thousand dollars for it many years ago. I
looked at remarketers but they only wanted to give us $3000 for it. The
company I work for was so disgusted with the situation that they
*virtually* gave the beast to me.

Since MPE OS was originally licensed to the company, then software
maintenance dropped, then the machine is sold to me, does this mean I now
own a license to use MPE? I would like to stay out of trouble - as much as
possible.

I've been the MIS department ever since we got the computer 10 years ago so
I would consider myself up to date as far as things go. But any
help/resource would be appreciated.

Larry Crouch
Engineer, Esco Manufacturing, Inc.
or