HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 18:46:06 -0800
Chris Bartram wrote:

> If you've got source code for the application, you can always write a
> simple routine that gets called after you vopen the terminal... and set
> it back before the vcloseterm - as well as around any vturnoff/vturnon
> calls.

Application source code is not needed, write standalone executable.

For security reasons, I set a logon UDC that puts the LUSER into a block mode
application. However directly before running the application I run "PCSET" a
program that sets up his block mode Reflections environment, including
"RETURN=ENTER YES". When the Application finishes executing ( don't forget
SETVAR HPAUTOCONT TRUE ) then I run "PCRESET" a program that resets the block
mode environment.

I could have done this directly from the UDC if it wasn't for the fact that I
needed to read an Image database to see if my user is using a PC/Reflections
or a dumb terminal.

To programatically set Reflections variables from the HP3000 just
write/display  to the terminal using "<esc>&oF" before each Reflections
command. The Reflections command to set a good block mode environment are:

SET CONFIG-LOCKED NO
SET WINDOW-TITLE "To your System/application Name"
SET RETURN=ENTER YES
SET TERMINAL-ID  "70092"
SET TERMINAL-CLASS "HP"
SET CAPS-LOCK YES
SET NEW-PAGE-ON-CLS YES
SET NUM-LOCK YES

If you do slave print.
SET AUTO-FORM-FEED NO
SET PRINTER-BYPASS YES
SET PRINTER-CLOSE-MANUALLY YES

SET CONFIG-LOCKED YES

I keep my Reflection configuration locked. This way novice
users can't muck things up :-)
Michael Anderson
HP3000 Systems Programmer/Analyst

Current: 8 years@ TIW Corporation Houston Texas