HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denys P. Beauchemin
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:44:21 -0600
Bruce is indeed correct.  IBM, Compaq, HP and others do not ship their machines with NT.  Rather, they give you the opportunity to install NT, along with other OSes, at extra cost.

What Joe was alluding to is the recent decision to no longer have NT available on (developed for) PowerPC stuff.  It has gone by the wayside, along with MIPS support.  Only Intel and Alpha are now going to be supported.  This decision was reached because of the very small volume of NT actually on MIPS and PowerPC.  BTW, Alpha is about 5% of the NT market.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .
[log in to unmask]     http://www.hicomp.com/hicomp
(800) 323-8863    (281) 288-7438    Fax: (281) 355-6879