HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 06:57:06 -0800
Hi All you Jet Direct Guru's:
     We are planning on converting all of our printers on the Novell network to
JetDirect  interface...

     The question is this... we want to redistribute the printers so that some
of them are in cubicles that only have one network connection...in these
cubicles I have to beable to have *BOTH* a PC and a printer hooked to the
network.

      I would like to avoid using a remote printer connection methodology...

Thanks,
Art Bahrs
+-------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
| Oregon Health Sciences Foundation         |The views here are no one's,  |
| Art Bahrs, Manager of Information Services|  least of all, mine!         |
| President, HP Oregon Regional Users Group (ORERUG)                       |
+-------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
| And the men who hold high places must be the ones to start.              |
| [log in to unmask] 'The Professor' Work: (503) 220-8333 Fax: (503) 228-9588 |

>>> Brad Amodeo <[log in to unmask]> 02/05/97 09:34pm >>>
Terry,

I found it easiest and most straightforward to get parallel printers if
possible.  I use the HP JetDirect EX 3-port and have the printers hooked
up via TCP/IP.  The nice thing about the 3-port is that you can hook up
three printers.  I use Minisoft's network printing utility.  Let me know
if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Brad Amodeo
Information Systems Associates