HP3000-L Archives

February 1997, Week 1

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:15:28 -0800
Hi all,

If anyone is using WRQ's Reflection X, version 6.0, you'll probably
want to contact [log in to unmask] and ask for "patch 1" ... it completely
replaces the RX.EXE program file (and nothing else), and
solves some annoying problems with the ALT key.  (It may fix other
problems, for all I know.)

BTW, I'd be interested in comments from users of PC-based X Windows
packages.  I'm currently trying Reflection X and
Hummingbird's exceed.

Neither seem to let me do a keyboard map to associate an <ALT>letter
(e.g., <ALT> I ) to an X key, and I haven't been able to figure out
how to get exceed to send a "Clear to end of memory" keystroke (like
an HP terminal's "Clear" key)), but I can say that exceed's
keyboard remap feature is an order of magnitude easier to use
than Reflection X's.

I use X Windows to connect to a 9000, which serves as a virtual
terminal server to multiple 3000s.  That's why God invented
Unix: to allow multiple windows onto a 3000 :)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html