HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
Corny De Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Corny De Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:47:15 +0100
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Charles D MEEKER writes:
> > It will not run cgi-bin scripts though, so it appears the exec() warning is
> > correct.  Anyone know of a workaround?
>
> The solution used in the NCSA 1.3 port was to try the direct exec() first,
> and if that fails, try to exec /bin/sh passing the script name as a
parameter.

> I'd like to avoid putting that kind of logic in to solve a problem that goes
> away under 5.5.  Consider this an incentive for you to upgrade to 5.5.  ;-)
> --

If I plead would you consider it? The problem is I work for a large company
(Hewlett-Parkard ironicly) and our system admins will not upgrade to 5.5.
They want to wait until the end of this year and go to 6.0. The problem
is they have hundreds of machines and are not willing to make exceptions,
especially for production machines.

Plead, plead, plead, plead.