HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:56:03 -0800
Mark (and all HP3000-Listers),

  I downloaded the 1.2b6 server and installed it without a hitch.  For
anyone that would like a side by side comparison of the Apache 1.2b6
server and the NCSA 1.3 server, you can try the following addresses:

http://s1.editcorp.com:80              (NCSA server)
http://s1.editcorp.com:2080          (Apache server)

  I've left the default configurations pretty much alone for each.  Both
have the same home page (except for the wording about which server your
running).  There are also two cgi scripts you can perform (a SHOWJOB and
a TELLOP).  Nothing fancy, but a good comparison none the less.  I was
VERY pleased with the performance of the Apache server myself.  Great
going Mark!  So far I haven't noticed any problems, but if anyone else notices
anything, please let me know.  I figured I'd try and help flush out any bugs
in the port for Mark, but so far, it's been quite peaceful :)

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
email: [log in to unmask]