HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 09:28:55 -0800
On Jan 30, 10:17am, Dr. Ferenc Nagy wrote:
> Subject: Stop echo of error messages
> Hi Roy:
> Look at the folowing UDC. IF I invoke it with an existing file then I
> get no echo, as I want If I invoke it with an non-existing file then I
> get two lines on the screen but I need only the JCW setting withot echo.
> How can I suppress these two lines?
>  :help exists
>  USER DEFINED COMMAND
>  exists file,jc=exists
>  option nolist,help
>  setjcw cierror=0
>  continue
>  listf !file;$null
>  if cierror=907 then
>     setjcw !jc=0
>  else
>     setjcw !jc=1
>  endif
>
>  :exists nonexfil
>  LISTF NONEXFIL;$NULL
>  NON-EXISTENT FILE.  (CIERR 907)

I assume this runs on an MPE V system, else just use FINFO('!file','exists').
I don't have an MPE V system to test this on, but I believe that if you
make your UDC option NOHELP the command line that gets the error will not be
echoed.  At least that's how the native mode CI works.

regards,
Jeff Vance, CSY