HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 5

From:
James Trudeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Trudeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 12:19:00 -0800
Howdy,

This is my last shot on this thread then I'll sit down and
shut up.

I've been reviewing all the postings on this subject.  Talk
about well thought out and well written, this has gotta be
a champ.  So what did I learn....

   1. Software pricing is not taken lightly by vendors.  It
      can make or break their venture.

   2. Sofwtware pricing is not taken lightly by coustomers.
      It can make or break their venture.

   3. As the man posted "it's not likely that anyone will
      make any changes".

   4. As part of your software evaluation prior to purchase
      pricing can be every bit as important as functionality.

Most everything else is a variant or refinement of the above
except that Bill and Lloyd look funny trying to get into
the same flame suit at the same time.

Now that we (I) are through with this one, how about a little
discussion on value received for annual maintenance dollars
paid?

James (don't need a flame suit. already carbonized) Trudeau
Computer Sciences Corp
Harlingen, Texas

Voice:   (210) 430-7728
Fax:     (210) 412-8531