HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:13:57 -0500
Pete Crosby writes:

> Okay, all those in favor of Wirt getting a life please signify by
>  saying "AYE". ;-)

There's more truth than poetry in that statement :-).

Actually, I'm also writing to say that I misspelled the genus name in the
earlier posting. The correct spelling is Agriope. My sincere apologies.

That misspelling dawned on me when I went to search the web (for spiders, of
course). There is a virtually identical picture as appears in HP's ad at the
National Science Foundation's web page:

http://stis.nsf.gov/nsf/homepage/frontier/june95/argiope1.htm

There's also an excellent private web page (from someone who truly doesn't
have a life) showing a number of Agriope spp. individuals, with their webs
fully completed. The url is:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/thumbnails/spidhome_thumbnails.htm

Wirt Atmar