HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
John Alleyn-Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Alleyn-Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 16:28:39 -0800
I have a technical issue that I would like to see discussed at IPROF but
I'm not sure what SIG it would fall under - can anyone make any suggestions?

This issue concerns serial ports on the DTC.  From the earliest days, HP
has never given us access to modem signals on serial ports, and this has
required all kinds of involved workarounds.  I would like to see the
capability to enquire as to the status of signals such as DSR, DCD, etc.
and to set DTR and RTS.  This shouldn't be that hard - it could be done via
the FCONTROL or FDEVICECONTROL intrinsic.

So - which SIG is the best to raise this issue with HP?  It would also be
interesting to hear from others who are concerned about this - maybe I'm
the only one that cares.

John D. Alleyn-Day
Alleyn-Day International
408-286-6421