HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 12:52:31 -0800
Frederick mentioned having used both ports to connect
a terminal to two systems. Good point. I forgot about
that one. Indeed my terminal was (at times) connected
to DTC with port 1 and to a MODEM at port 2.

Switching the Port1/Port2 roles works fine. Both ports
have full RS-232C capabilities as far as I understand.
So no need to change plugs, simply go to Terminal Config
Screen and exchange the DataComm/Printer selection.

It is just that the "printer port" (or was it called
"external device" on the softkey labels?) lacks Escape
sequences for reading (not matter which physical port
is currently selected to serve as printer port).

Hope this does not add confusion...

Lars.