HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
John Alleyn-Day <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Alleyn-Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 01:47:11 -0800
At 05:42 PM 1/23/97 GMT, Roger Smith wrote:
>Has anyone got a Livingston PortMaster 2E handling modems correctly
>with a 3000?  We have a USR Modem Pool connected to the PM.  We
>currently use PPP on this and want to connect the PM to the DTC (48)
>on our 969 so we can have the modems do double duty.  I can signon
>just fine, but when I signoff and 'normal' modem connections then hang
>up, the PM does not.  I see that the DTC drops DSR but the PM does not
>recognize that.  It recognizes DTR.  It sure would be nice to see
>someones solution both in cabling and configuration on the PM.
>

>Roger Smith,  Systems Programmer Analyst
>Tulare County Office of Education
>Opinions are my own....

I don't know anything about the PM but when you connect a modem to the
HP3000 you must use a crossover cable, and so DSR (pin 6) on the HP3000 is
really DTR and should be connected to DTR (pin 20) on the modem.
Presumably the same is true of the PM.

John D. Alleyn-Day
Alleyn-Day International
408-286-6421