HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 4

From:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 08:55:05 -0500
At 12:17 AM 1/24/97 GMT, you wrote:

>>We are upgrading from v5.0 to 5.5 on 922 and ran into a problem.
>>(I tried to follow every step in the update manual)
>>When starting nscontrol there is an error message that says that Network
>>Service software Versions do not match and when nscontrol version=mod is
>>run these error message show up:
>>
>>        sl procedure:   asrfavers       *module error*
>>        nl procedure:   nftnmvers       *module error*
>>        nl procedure:   rfanmvers       *module error*
>>
>>        Network Services overall subsytem version B.??.??
>>
>>Does anyone know how to correct this problem?
>>
>>Thank you in advance.
>>
>>Johannes Johannsson.

Johannes,

I pulled out my notes (scribble) from our upgrade, and for this same problem
they
had me do the following:
        logon to manager.sys,net
        rename almast,almast1
        rename nsmast,nsmast1
        stream jconfjob.net

I remember that sinking feeling I had when after the upgrade that error
appeared.
We have over 50 pc's networked to the HP, and I wasn't in the mood to
explain why
they couldn't log in,  or even go through the process of reverting back to 5.0
Good luck!

Rick Clark                   [log in to unmask]
P/A for WW&R
Cleveland, Ohio              Opinions are my own...

"You can't turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again." Bonnie Pruden