HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:18:34 -0500
Goetz Neumann wrote:

> Jeff Kell wrote:
> > FHarasleben wrote:
> > >
> > > Who has ever seen the following errors (and probably knows what to
> > > do against it):
> > > NETWARE Spawn NCPENGINE: fork ->NCPENGIN<- failed!!
> > >  errno=11 NETWARE Spawn NCPENGINE: fork ->NCPENGIN<- failed!!
> > > : Resource busy, try again
> >
> > I just LOVE plugging away at this error that STILL ISN'T FIXED.
> >
> Now I just love to report, that Jeff is not uptodate on this one :-)
> (Being part of that organisation that deals with bugs day-to-day).
>
> For 5.0 there is the General Release patch: MPEHXT8A,
> for 5.5 there is the Beta Test patch:       MPEHXT8B,
> and the fix is/will be incorporated in the next major release.

Great news, Goetz.  The latest information in the (user-accessible) SR
text said that a fix was "Submitted to version C.10.02".  Since the
current internal release of 5.5 is like C.05.xx I wasn't expecting a fix
until 6.0 or later.

This "patch" doesn't back out the other fork() enhancements, does it?

Jeff "Glad not to be up to date on this one" Kell