HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 3

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:48:21 -0800
Jeff writes:

>Rick Clark wrote:
>>
>> This one is from the "I failed to pay attention in 5.5 class".
>> We tried to restored a partial database using the RESTORE command,
>> when the following error appeared - file NOT STORED: FILE IS PART
>> OF AN IMAGE DATABASE AND ROOT IS NOT SPECIFIED.  A quick lookup in
>> help and we 'forgot' to put the PARTIALDB option on the end of our
>> RESTORE command line.  Seems the new version of RESTORE will, by
>> default, restore only full databases. Where in the world did that
>> one come from!!
>
>On 5.5, you have FOS store/restore, TurboStore, and TurboStore 7x24.
>Check the product number in the heading.  I know all the TurboStore
>stuff is new code, TS is B5151AA, TS7x24 is B5152AA; don't know about
>the FOS version.  PARTIALDB was added in the Turbo varieties but I
>didn't think the FOS one was affected (but you could have just proven
>that to be false).
>
>Note that it won't STORE one either unless it can find and access all
>the files (unless you specify PARTDB), and this includes any attached
>DBE-files and TPI files.

Did I hear correctly that HP ships a demo copy of TurboStore with 5.5
so you get it whether you want or not for the first 30 days or so
after yoiu install? Maybe this would explain what Rick is seeing.

Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/415.306.1608 f/415.365.2706)
http://www.qss.com/          http://www.qss.com/qwebs
http://www.qss.com/faq3k     http://www.qss.com/qsdk