HP3000-L Archives

January 1997, Week 3

From:
Carl Sitherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 16 Jan 1997 07:58:00 PST462_- >From: Robert Wu <[log in to unmask]>
>I have something that is I2 in one dataset and J2 in another.
>I am doing extractions...
>
> output from the first dataset
> output and append from the second
>
>The problem is that the second part of this bombs because
>the datatypes don t match. (It tells me that the output size
>is the problem, but all other fields are idential strings.) [...]42_16Jan199707:58:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 07:06:37 -0500
Re: (30 lines)
   <Non-solicited plug>
   For those who need something now, Quest Software has a product called
   NBSPOOL which is capable of doing most of what has been asked for on this
   list regarding suppression of non-executed JCL in a job.  In addition to
   it's ability to move spoolfiles around a network and archive them, it
   provides a viewer which will suppress blank lines as well as use bright and
   halfbright video to highlight the executed portions of the IF statement.
   We use it extensively and find it to be a very good product. </plug>

   Carl Sitherwood