HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 5

From:
Angie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 16:06:48 +0000
Patrick Anderson wrote:

> I found how to set the file equation to create a labelled tape, ie
> LABEL="000000",IBM the problem is I get this console request that says
> mount the tape.  Well the tape is mounted, and there doesn't seem to be
> a way to reply to it.  I get the same problem reading the labelled
> tapes.  Do you need to have the LABEL option on the file equation when
> reading the tape?  I am just using FCOPY to do this, I didn't think I
> would need to write a program.
>
> I'm getting desperate so any ideas are greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA

Yes, you need the label option on the file equation for both reading and
writing a labelled tape.  If you are writing to a tape that you want to
be labelled, and it isn't already, you will need to reply to the console
request, which will be something like "mount volume xxxxxx (ibm)".
There will be a PIN associated with this request; use it in your REPLY
in the normal fashion.  If the tape is already labelled (with the
correct label), you shouldn't have to reply to the console request.

HTH,
Bob