HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 5

From:
Patrick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:25:40 -0800
I found how to set the file equation to create a labelled tape, ie
LABEL="000000",IBM the problem is I get this console request that says
mount the tape.  Well the tape is mounted, and there doesn't seem to be
a way to reply to it.  I get the same problem reading the labelled
tapes.  Do you need to have the LABEL option on the file equation when
reading the tape?  I am just using FCOPY to do this, I didn't think I
would need to write a program.

I'm getting desperate so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

TIA