HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 5

From:
Leon Degeling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leon Degeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 00:23:59 +-100
Dear Friends,

I'm running into trouble with an application and was wondering if any
of you have an idea.

I use dce/3000 to communicate from my 3000/987 (client) application to my 9000 (server) application (rpc calls).
Due to the popularity of this application the number of sessions using dce has reached a magical number of 43.
If more than 43 sessions try to bind to the dce-servers the programme aborts saying: can't get binding: error with socket. Since there are over 200 other clients connecting to the server I'm sure the problem is somewhere on my 3000.

Someone from hprc suggested that I might be running out of sockets, so I started
NETTOOL.NET and found out that i was using abort 340 sockets on my system.
I found out that each sessions using DCE was using 5 sockets.

Next i started nmconfig and found a number of connections (512) somewhere under tcp (unguided).

Now I figure I'm not running out of sockets. But am I making any sense?
And can anyone  think of some other limit concerning sockets or dce
which I am running into.

Thanks for any help.

Leon Degeling - [log in to unmask]
VrijUit BV