HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 10:34:55 CDT
     Greetings,

     I was wondering if anyone had any experience with using MPEX-Veopen
     and Amisys together.  We have a few users that can get an indirect
     access to the ":" prompt through Amisys and are trying to restrict
     what they can do.  While reading about MPEX Veopen I realized that
     this may help us tremendously.   I am not extremely familiar with
     Image so I have a couple of questions there also.  My plans are to
     only to restrict Query and restrict it to the users MGR.AIH, PV.AIH
     and JOB.AIH but my main concern is overrestricting Query to the point
     where Amisys won't function correctly.

     My main question is how should I set up the ACF files to allow
     MGR.AIH, PV.AIH and JOB.AIH full access to the database, restrict all
     other users from accessing the database through QUERY and not do
     something that would cause any problems with Amisys?  I am also
     wondering about the user class.  What exactly is it and how are they
     defined for Amisys?

     Any help anyone could give me on this issue would be greatly
     appreciated.

     Thanks,

     Barry Durand             "The opinions expressed in this
     Systems Engineer II       email are not necessarily the
     Gulf South Health Plans        opinions of my employer"