HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 3

From:
"Howard J. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard J. Brown
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 21:05:56 -0800
Wonder if you have any thoughts:
I'm trying to ODBC-enable a win95 machine from scratch (no previous
connect). I have been able to get ODBC up on a Win 3.11 machine to the same
server (HP937), though the Win 3.11 PC itself is not located physically near
to the win95 machine (probably on another branch of the fairly extensive
network setup). On the win95 machine I have a file called "hosts.". in
\windows, and I can do ftp operations between the win95 and the 937 using
the node name as defined in "hosts.". But ODBC won't go. I'm hoping to run
some diagnostic results by HP Support soon(!) but personally think the
answer may lie in the following--the HP ARPA log file HPAARDLG.PUB.SYS
displays "(warning) VCPeek failed: 30068" each time I get a failure on the
win95 to log on to the server. The message displayed on the win95 machine,
by the way, is Connection Error 250 (cannot find physical database/SQL
server error).

Can you interpret this error, or have any suggestions?
Also, how do you set a DOS-style environment variable on win95?

Thanks for whatever you can suggest ---

Howie Brown