HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Bruce Senn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 20:43:52 -0500
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> We have been having several of our user sessions disconnected with the
> following error message:
>
> ** NS/3000 NetIPC ERROR IN VT; Job: #S7839; PIN: 79; Info: 1
> - Error: 42; REMOTE NOT RESPONDING, CONNECTION CLOSED
>
> We are using Business Session with Windows 3.1 and Windows 95 networked to
> an HP3000-957 MPE/iX 4.0 and have not been able to determine the exact
> cause of the error.  We have different brands of PCs and a mix of the
> Windows operating systems on them.  I haven't been able to find any one
> thing that is consistent on the PCs that have the errors.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Did you find a solution?  Do you
> have any suggestions as to what to look for?
>
> Any and All Help would be appreciated.

Sam,

One the neat features we have just discovered with sevaral new Gateways
is that power saver mode turns off the network cards!!!  I don't know if
this is the cause of the problem you describe, but it certainly makes
network sessions go away.

Bruce.

   Bruce J. Senn                             Phone:  (518) 388-6664
   Senior System Manager                     FAX:    (518) 388-6458
   Union College                   Internet:  [log in to unmask]
   Schenectady, NY 12308