HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:22:33 PST8
Dear fellow Listers,

Having nothing better to do during our Christmas shutdown, our department
has decided to use that opportunity and migrate our applications from our
967 to a 969/220.  The 969 arrives today, preconfigured with MPE/iX 5.0
powerpatch 6 and after applying a couple of 'site specific' patches we'll
have a few days to get it hooked up and configured so that it will 'look and
feel' just like our 967.

The plan is to perform a full backup on the 967, and then perform a 'reload'
on the 969.

It seems too simple, and I'd like to ask the people in this forum if I'm
overlooking something.

Thanks

Paul H. Christidis