HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Steve Forrette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Forrette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 00:39:45 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
says...

>Hopefully there are others out there using the new Reflection(version 5.2)
>for HP with NS/VT product who can help me with this.  I'm just getting into
>Win95 and I'm having some trouble with my configuration.  I have dial-up
>networking configured for PPP connections to my ISP and that works fine.
>I've installed the new Reflection product and whenever I try to connect to
>the HP3000, my PC wants to do a dial up connection.  If you reply to the
>dial up dialog box with "cancel", it makes the connection just fine. I've
>tried adding an entry into the host file on the PC for the HP3000.  WRQ says
>they don't know how to fix it becasue we are using the MS stack.

We in fact do have a solution for this problem.  It is contained in our
Technical Note #1090: "How to Stop Microsoft TCP/IP Dialing"  Here is an
abstract:

"When using Reflection products for Windows 95 to make a network connection, a
modem connection may be attempted by the Microsoft Dial-Up Adapter. This
technical note explains several ways to deal with this problem. "

Technical notes are available via our BBS, FTP Server, Web server, Faxback
server, and CompuServe forum.

Steve Forrette, [log in to unmask]