HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Jim Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:36:06 -0800
James B. Byrne wrote:

> I suppose that by now I should be inured to HP continuing ability to do
> things by halves.  I have gone to the MPE/iX patch centre on the www.
> Of course the http reference given is wrong:
>
> http://us.external.hp.com
>
> when in reality it has to be
>
> http://us.external.hp.com:80/

Port 80 is a default convention for the port to do html transfer (443 is
convention for 'secure' transfer).  From here BOTH work and return
identicle results.  I suggest a possible browser or proxy server
configuration issue on your side (though the HP firewall may be doing
something weird). Any body else have different results?

Regards,

Jim