HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 2

From:
Costas Anastassiades <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Costas Anastassiades <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 10:08:15 +-200
 You're right about the WELCOME approach. It's just that our users always
execute a command file at one point and it's easier(?) to simply add
another line to that. As for the escape sequences, I didn't actually enter
all that stuff. I use QEDIT's full screen mode, switch the terminal to
graphics mode (Ctrl N/Ctrl O) and then mess around with the various graphic
keys. It's all there, on screen, and I can see what I'm doing. Either way
I'll keep in mind that you don't have a full screen editor when it's time
for the Easter bunny ...... :)

So we've had some animation (blinking lights on the original X-mas Tree),
I've added some "Rich Text Format", now if only someone can get a terminal
to beep "Silent Night"....:)

Is it a sign of a sick mind when the few idle moments are spent drawing
pretty pictures for the users ???