HP3000-L Archives

December 1996, Week 1

From:
John W Pickering <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 11:15:32 -0500
I wanted to expand the size of a ksam file (cm not nm) so I used the mpex
'altfile xx;flimit=99' command. All looked fine. I then streamed the job
which repopulates the file -- it promptly failed using ksamutil to erase the
file with a security violation (fserr 93). When I expanded the file I was
the file's creator and the account manager. The rebuild job users a
different user but that user also has account manager capability. I checked
and found no acd. I used mpex to be double sure by using 'altfile
xx;localgroupid;delacd'. Still got the security error. Gave up and released
the file.

What am I missing? Thanks for any suggestions.

John Pickering
JWP Systems Inc.
Toronto