HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 10:20:54 +0200
Duane suggests......

>I still like the original idea of each supported customer being
>able to kick in some $$ each year that flows directly to csy for
>3k ongoing development.

and goes on....

>I vote all my 1996/1997 funding dollars to be applied to porting
>SAMBA to the 3k to create SAMBA/iX.

Me Too!
The SAMBA port has taken off. Some good initial results from
Projects like this where the community co-operates and possibly co-funds
are really good due to the specific focus.

There are many issues (who pays, how much, who controls, who benefits,
what projects), but the idea is good.

Neil

Neil Harvey
+27 21 221907