HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 4

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:46:13 -0800
Duane Percox discusses funding models and concludes with:

<aside>
I vote all my 1996/1997 funding dollars to be applied to porting
SAMBA to the 3k to create SAMBA/iX.
</aside>

Would you be willing to spend "real" dollars on such tasks? A while
back there were some questions about the ongoing funding of gcc/g++
and other tools and it was my feeling that not enough people voted
with "real" dollars, but with their "mythical $100". I think if
enough "real" dollars magically appeared in a funding pool (or
magically disappeared from support contracts), we might get some
real progress in this area. IMHO.

Speaking only for myself.

M.

PS - I'm committed until early 1997, but I would support a SAMBA
port after that.

Mark Klein                                              DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                                      415-892-8400