HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 4

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 22 Nov 1996 23:35:05 GMT532_- I am trying to connect a Zebra printer to an HP3000 via a DTC connection and
am having no luck. I have connected via LAN, but need to connect to an outside
vendor through non-network access. We have narrowed it down to what we believe
is a terminal type problem. We have tried several with no luck. The Zebra
requires a direct pass-through of data with no alterations, additions, etc. to
the spoolfile. Can anyone suggest how to accomplish this or has anyone come up
with a solution to a similar situation? [...]34_22Nov199623:35:[log in to unmask]
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:42:51 -0800
Sounds like our shop ...      ;)

Certainly, you can set up a job using the MPE/iX ":SPOOLF
...;DELETE;SELEQ=[date_selection_criteria]" command to accomplish your
task.  We use JobRescue, but I'm not sure it'll handle spoolfiles.  A
much better solution, IMHO:

<plug>
the ESPUL utility from RAC Consulting.  We use this tool to archive
spoolfiles (with compression) to a permanent disk file, and we can
select files based upon a wide variety of available selection criteria.
 You can get more information from RAC by calling them at
(360)-357-9572.
</plug>

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]
HMO Oregon