HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 4

From:
tjohnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:40:12 -0800
I do this all the time on my 3k, I even give it an extra day, an 8 day
window to be purged.  I utilize MPEX for this, however I found it had a bug
when it was on my 4.0 platform and I cleaned up spool files in two ways:

   CONTINUE
   DELETESPOOLFILE @[log in to unmask]@(SPOOL.READYDATE < TODAY-8)
   CONTINUE
   YESPURGE @.OUT.HPSPOOL(ACCDATE < TODAY-8)

(For reasons of the bug, I used PURGE instead of SPOOLF nnn;DELETE just to
make sure.  The bug could have gone away, when I went to 5.0 or the latest
MPEX update may have fixed it also.  But I kept it in my job stream, just
in case.  Also the reason they hang around so long is we use SPSAVE a lot.)

I also perform another procedure:

   CONTINUE
   DELETESPOOLFILE @[log in to unmask]@(SPOOL.NUMLINES=2)

It gets rid of those pesky "nothing" spool files that get SPSAVED.