HP3000-L Archives

November 1996, Week 4

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 23:42:49 -0800
I'm attempting this without even testing it but here goes quick and dirty but it should work...

I assume you do not need the $STDLIST but only the OFFLINE listing from the STORE command.
(In the below jobs three periods represent other stuff your backup may be doing.)

If your job is a full backup, set up a file equation like this:

!JOB FBACKUP,MANAGER.SYS;OUTCLASS=,2
!FILE T;DEV=TAPE
!FILE OFFLINE=F!HPYEAR!HPMONTH!HPDAY;DEV=LP,1;SPSAVE
!STORE @[log in to unmask]@;*T;SHOW=OFFLINE
!EOJ

Your file name should look something like this if it were run today:

F961125

If your job is an incremental backup, change F to something like I...

!JOB IBACKUP,MANAGER.SYS;OUTCLASS=,2
!FILE T;DEV=TAPE
!FILE OFFLINE=I!HPYEAR!HPMONTH!HPDAY;DEV=LP,1;SPSAVE
!STORE @[log in to unmask]@;*T;SHOW=OFFLINE
!EOJ

Your file name should look something like this if it were run today:

I961125

If it were run in November 25 on the year 2000 according to the latest thread postings here it would look something like this:

I1001125

(HPHEHEHE) :)